Twitter is an extremely powerful social networking platform and using it correctly can really boost traffic to your blog or website, increase your sales and promote your brand. Here are some of my twitter tips that I follow.
1. Post tweets at various times of the day as tweets will reach different audiences every time. Whereas with Facebook you may only want to send 1-2 posts each day as you will most likely be targeting the same audience.
2. Use images to grab peoples attention.
3. Add links so that people have more content to view.
4. Create twitter lists. Lists are created so that tweets from members of a list can be found in one place and be easily read.
5. Use hashtags so people who do not follow you are able to see your tweet if they are searching that particular hashtag.
6. Engage with your audience and reply to their tweets and questions.
7. See what is trending and tailor your tweets and content to what people are talking about.
8. Search for any people who are talking about a product or service that you sell. Reach out to them so they know that you exist.
9. Use platforms such as hootsuite to schedule your tweets.
10. Tweet often and do not go a few days without doing so.
Here are some more social media tips to increase traffic to your blog or website.